Weleda’s iconic green tube, Skin Food, has been around for 91 years. And in all that time, the pure, natural formula hasn’t changed. In 2015, over one million tubes of Weleda Skin Food were sold around the world. Now that’s a product with staying power!
It’s a whole body moisturiser with a 100% natural blend of organic plant actives to soothe and comfort your skin against daily stresses.
Skin Food restores and protects skin with a 100% natural blend of plant extracts in a thick, rich base of organic beeswax, sunflower and almond oils. The lovely fresh scent comes from natural and organic essential oils.
Most of all, this super rich cream puts back what you take out of your skin, especially in the hardworking spots like elbows, hands and feet. Use it as:
- Replenishing cream for hands, elbows, knees and heels
- Nourishing care for chapped lips and noses
- Intense treatment for dry heels
- Revitalising face mask
- Make-up primer
- Highlighter for cheekbones
- In-flight companion to prevent dehydrated skin
My favourite way to use Skin Food is to apply a thick layer to my feet before going to bed. I pop on a pair of cotton socks, leave them on over night and wake up to soft, sandal-worthy feet in the morning!
It’s also great to rub into your cuticles as part of your bedtime routine. And my husband swears by it – he rubs it into his dry hands every night.
Why do we love Skin Food so much?
The ingredients are all high quality, like sunflower seed oil, sweet almond oil, chamomile, calendula and pansy extracts. They’re all either grown by Weleda in their biodynamic gardens or ethically sourced through fair trade partnerships worldwide.
Like all Weleda beauty products, Skin Food is NaTrue certified natural and organic, which guarantees:
• Natural and organic ingredients
• Sustainable production process
• Environmentally-friendly practices
• Free from synthetic fragrances, preservatives and dyes
• No silicone oils, no ingredients from petrochemicals
• Never any animal testing
• No irradiation of end products or herbal ingredients
• GMO free
And most importantly, Skin Food works! It moisturises and softens dry and rough skin anywhere on the body.
What’s in Weleda Skin Food?
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Lanolin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glyceryl Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * from natural essential oils
Some of the key ingredients are:
- Rosemary (organic) – revitalising, stimulating and warming. The aromatic needle-like leaves are traditionally used for their restorative and tonic properties.
- Wild Pansy (organic) – known for its soothing and healing properties and has a long traditional use for rough, cracked skin.
- Calendula (organic) – prized for its gentleness and natural wound-healing properties with a long list of medicinal uses.
- Chamomile (organic) – gentle and soothing and ideal for delicate or sensitive skin. Chamomile has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin and helps to repair damaged skin.