We all know that it’s important to get into a good dental hygiene routine with our kids, and kids toothpaste is a big part of that. Now, you might think that you don’t really need to worry about the ingredients in your child’s toothpaste, because they spit it out, right? Wrong.
For a start, it’s pretty tough to get kids to spit toothpaste out. Sometimes they’re not sure how to spit the toothpaste out, sometimes they just don’t want to! And even if you do get them to spit it out, the problems don’t end there.
Our mouths are one of the most absorbent parts of our body, so at least some of the ingredients in the toothpaste you use make their way into your body.
So if there’s bad stuff in the toothpaste that your kids use, they’re going to be ingesting it into their little bodies.
Does that mean that you should choose a ‘natural’ toothpaste for your kids? That depends on what’s in the toothpaste. ‘Natural’ has no legal definition, so you need to read the ingredients on the back of the pack, not the marketing fluff on the front.
Baby & Kids Toothpastes: Researched and Reviewed
I’ve researched and reviewed all the kids and baby toothpastes that I could find, and they’re all below, in alphabetical order. To see which natural kids toothpastes I choose to use myself, you’ll have to grab your free copy of the ebook!
- Aloe Dent Children’s Toothpaste
- Baby Organics Orange Toothpaste
- Colgate Kids Toothpaste Sparking – Mint Gel
- Coral Kids Fluoride Free Toothpaste – Berry Bubblegum
- Dr. Brite Kid’s Natural Mineral Toothpaste with Activated Charcoal – Strawberry
- Grant’s Kids Toothpaste – Blueberry Burst
- Healthy Care Natural Kids Toothpaste – Organic Blackcurrant
- Jack n Jill Natural Toothpaste for Kids – Banana (plus all the other flavours)
- Jack n Jill Natural Kids Toothpaste – Flavour Free
- Jason Kids Only Toothpaste – Orange
- Lavera Basis Kids Tooth Gel – Strawberry & Raspberry
- Little Innoscents Milky Whites Organic Toothpaste
- Macleans Milk Teeth Kids Toothpaste
- Nature’s Goodness Australia Snappy Jaws Kids Toothpaste – Super Strawberry
- Oral B Stages Kids Toothpaste
- Phyto Shield Kids Toothpaste – Wildberry
- Red Seal Natural Kids Toothpaste
- Riddells Creek Children’s Toothpaste – Strawberry
- Spry Kids Tooth Gel – Original
- Weleda Children’s Tooth Gel
Read the free ebook now!
All this and more is in our brand new ebook: Baby & Kids Toothpaste Cheat Sheet.
It’s right here, and it’s free, so what are you waiting for? Download your free ebook now! Our kids toothpastes cheat sheet will tell you which toothpaste I choose to use on my family, and which ones I avoid.
Further reading on safer toothpaste
We’ve got lots of other natural toothpaste articles that you might find useful, too:
- How to (gently) get your child to brush their teeth
- Fluoride in Toothpaste: Yes or No?
- Shopping Guide: What To Look For In A Natural Toothpaste
- 14 Natural Toothpastes: Tasted, Tried and Tested for You
Are we missing any of your favourite natural toothpastes?
I’ve tried to include every single natural toothpaste for children available in Australia, but if I’m missing any, let me know! Drop me an email at [email protected] with the name of the toothpaste and a link, or pop it into the comments below.
So go on, grab yourself a cuppa and get reading!
Shop for natural kids toothpaste at Hello Charlie
If you don’t want to read the ebook, you can cut to the chase and go shopping right now at Hello Charlie. Whether you’re looking for baby safe toothpaste, natural toddler toothpaste, or natural toothpaste for older kids, we’ve got the lot. Find them all here.
Like this? Why not Pin it?