The Best Baby Soap & Baby Wash: Researched and Reviewed
Every day, our children are exposed to at least 27 different chemicals through personal care products. And most of these chemicals have not been tested for safety on children.
Think about when you wash your baby.
You put him in the tub and add some baby wash. For a start, baby skin is up to 30% thinner than adults’ skin. The water is warm, which opens up the pores of his already very thin skin. The heat also vaporises some of the chemicals, and your baby breathes them in. Your baby accidentally swallows some of the water, and you splash some in his eyes.
Baby wash might be a ‘rinse off’ product, but there are lots of opportunities for those chemicals to get into your baby’s delicate and developing body.
So what exactly are the ingredients in your baby’s bath products? Are they safe? How can you tell?
Ingredients in baby soap have been linked to endocrine disruption; skin allergies; and even heightened risks of cancer. And although some of the big guys have cleaned up their acts over the last few years, there are still plenty of irritating and even toxic ingredients in some brands of baby wash.
Many of these big companies still don’t list the ingredients on their websites. If you shop online, you can’t tell what’s in the packs. You physically have to go to supermarket, and stand there in the aisle searching up ingredients on your phone. Take your baby shopping with you while checking on ingredients? Good luck with that!
It’s easy to understand why so many of us just grab a pretty looking pack, only to get it home and find that not all the ingredients are great.
So that’s where Hello Charlie comes in. I’ve been to the supermarket, taken photos of all the products, then brought them home and looked up all the ingredients for you. Read on and find out which baby soaps and washes get the Hello Charlie recommendation, and which ones you (and your baby!) should avoid.
I’ve researched 59 different baby soaps and baby washes ! I didn’t do all of the mainstream ones, because I know that they’re going to be mostly the same. But I did try to do as many ‘natural’ and ‘organic’ ones as possible. The list of baby soaps that I’ve reviewed are all in alphabetical order, below.
Baby Soap & Baby Wash Rated and Reviewed:
Here’s the list of baby soap & baby wash that I researched and reviewed. Remember, only a few of these are good, so download the ebook to find out which ones I actually recommend!
- 123 Nourish Me Sleepy Head Bath Wash
- Aromababy Baby Bath Gel
- Aromababy Pure Baby Wash for Newborns
- Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash
- Baby Organics Baby Bath Wash
- Baby U Goat Milk Body Wash
- Billie Goat Baby Body Wash
- Billie Goat Vitamin E Bars
- Bottomsup Natural Organic Baby Body Wash
- Brauer Natural Baby Bath & Body Wash
- Bubbas Organics Goats Milk Baby Hair & Bath Wash
- Buds Cherished Organics Happy Baby Head to Toe Cleanser
- Buds Cherished Organics Precious Newborn Head to Toe Cleanser
- Burt’s Bees Baby Shampoo & Body Wash
- Cetaphil Baby Moisturising Bath & Wash
- Cherub Rubs Baby Safe Hair & Body Wash
- Curash Baby Bath Wash
- Dr. Bronner’s 4 in 1 Sugar Baby Unscented Organic Sugar Soap
- Dr. Bronner’s Castile Bar Soap – Baby Unscented
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap – Baby Unscented
- Earth Mumma Organics Bubba Hair & Body Wash
- Earthwise Baby Body Wash Goats Milk
- Ecostore Baby Body Wash
- Ecostore Baby Soap
- Four Cow Farm Natural Baby Wash
- Gaia Skin Naturals Bath & Body Wash
- Gaia Skin Naturals Sleeptime Bath Wash
- Grahams Naturals Baby Hair & Body Wash
- Herbon Baby Soap
- Jack ‘n Jill Baby Shampoo & Body Wash – Serenity
- Jackson Reece Baby Body Wash
- Johnson Baby Top To Toe Bath
- Johnson Pure Baby Soap
- La Clinica Organic for Baby Soap Free Wash Gel
- Little Innoscents Hair & Body Wash
- Little Innoscents Organic Goats Milk Soap Bar
- Lovekins Baby Hair & Body Wash
- Lovekins Camel Milk Baby Soap
- Mater Baby Wash
- Milk & Co Bath Time Wash
- Moo Goo Natural Mini Moo Bubbly Wash
- Mustela Gentle Soap with Cold Cream
- Nature’s Child Organic Baby Soap & Baby Wash
- Only Papaya Baby Bath Time
- Organic Babies Lavender Baby Wash & Shampoo
- Organik Babee Hair & Body Wash
- Petite Planet Baby Wash & Shampoo
- Pineapple Heads Bodywash
- QV Baby Gentle Wash
- Resparkle Natural Baby Hair & Body Wash
- Sanctum Baby Shampoo & Wash
- Sebamed Baby Cleansing Bar
- Sukin Baby Gentle Body Wash Fragrance Free
- Thank You – Baby Bath Wash
- The Base Collective Little Hair & Body Wash
- Weleda Calendula Baby Soap
- Weleda Calendula Cream Bath
- Wild Organic Baby Milky Bath
- Wotnot Baby Wash
Read the free ebook now!
All this and more is in my brand new ebook: Best Baby Soap & Baby Wash Cheat Sheet.
It’s right here, and it’s free, so what are you waiting for? Download your free ebook now and find out which ones I recommend! My Best Baby Soap & Baby Wash Cheat Sheet will help you sort out the eco from the eeek-o!
If for some reason you don’t want to read the ebook, but you still want the best baby soaps and baby washes for your family, jump right on over to Hello Charlie. We stock only the best products that I’ve researched and reviewed, so you can be sure that if it’s on Hello Charlie, it’s safe and non toxic.
Further reading on non toxic Baby Soap & Baby Wash
We’ve got lots of other articles that you might find useful, too:
- Toxic Living: Baby Soap & Body Wash
- Wotnot Baby Products – Tried, Tested & Reviewed for You!
- 5 of the Best: Nature’s Child Rated and Reviewed
- The Many Uses of Castile Soap
Are we missing any?
It’s impossible to review every single product for baby soap & baby wash available in Australia, but I did try to include all the ‘natural’ ones. If I’ve missed your favourite, let me know! Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the baby soap and a link to the ingredients, or pop it into the comments below.
I can’t promise that I’ll get to it straight away, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Like this? Why not Pin it?