Apparently, the most popular makeup items are lipstick and mascara. More of us wear lipstick and mascara than any other cosmetic products.
I was always careful about the lipstick that I wore because, well, you eat it. But I wasn’t always so concerned about mascara. I thought that because you only used a bit, and it didn’t go directly on to your skin, it didn’t really matter.
However, take a moment and think about how often you rub your eyes, or accidentally get mascara in your eyes, or it runs. Or heaven forbid, you sleep in it. Now you’re starting to see what I mean.
The chemicals in mascara can easily end up on your skin. They can also end up in your eyes, and in the oil glands of your eyelids. They can be absorbed into your bloodstream. And they can also cause problems like plugged ducts or dry eyes.
And even if the amount of harmful chemicals in the product is minuscule, the long-term, everyday exposure to toxins may be enough to cause problems.
Some mascara ingredients are perfectly safe (water, oils, waxes), but many are irritants, allergens, hormone disruptors, carcinogens, and environmental toxins.
Natural Mascara: Researched and Reviewed
So I’ve taken 44 different mascaras, and checked all the ingredients for you. And I’ve published all the results in my new ebook, so you can easily work out which mascaras are safe to use, and which ones are not. Here’s all the mascaras that I reviewed, in alphabetical order:
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigment Mascara
- Adorn Mineral and Organic Mascara
- Adorn Volumising Waterproof Mascara
- Alima Pure Natural Definition Mascara
- Arbonne It’s A Long Story Mascara
- Aveda Mosscara
- Benecos Natural Mascara Maximum Volume
- Benecos Natural Mascara Vegan Wonder
- Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara
- Claytime Natural Mascara
- Clinique High Impact Mascara
- Couleur Caramel Natural Mascara
- Dr Hauschka Mascara
- Dr Hauschka Volume Mascara
- Dusty Girls Natural Mineral Mascara
- Earth Lab Vegan Lash Mascara
- ECO Minerals Mineral Mascara
- Ere Perez Avocado Waterproof Mascara
- Ere Perez Natural Almond Oil Mascara
- Eye of Horus Bio Mascara
- Eye of Horus Goddess Mascara
- Hanami Natural Mascara
- Hanami Waterproof Mascara
- Honeybee Gardens Truly Natural Mascara
- Inika Organic Vegan Mascara
- Kjaer Weis Mascara
- L’Oreal Paris Volumise Stretch & Define Your Eyes
- Lavera Butterfly Effect Mascara
- Lavera Intense Volumizing Mascara
- Lavera Volume Mascara
- Lily Lolo Natural Mascara
- Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
- Miessence Mascara Pure Black
- Mirenesse Mascara Pure Black
- Modere Mascara
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Lash Boosting Mascara
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara
- Rimmell Wonder’full Mascara with Argan Oil
- Sax Lengthening & Seperation Mascara
- Sax Wonder Lash Dramatic Mascara
- SeneGence LashSense Waterproof Mascara W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Mascara
- Zuii Organic Flora Volume Mascara
- Zuii Organic Flora Volume Mascara
Get your free Best Natural Mascara ebook now!
All this and more is in our brand new ebook: Best Natural Mascara Cheat Sheet. And because I love my readers (that’s you!) so much, there’s even a special bonus for you at the very end of the ebook. You’ll get 15% off all the natural mascaras we stock at Hello Charlie. And trust me, if we stock them at Hello Charlie, they’re awesome.
It’s right here, and it’s free, so what are you waiting for? Download your FREE ebook now! Our best natural mascara cheat sheet will tell you which mascara you don’t need to shed any tears over!
Further reading on natural mascara
We’ve got lots of other mascara articles that you might find useful, too:
Are we missing any?
I’ve tried to include as many natural mascaras as I could find. And I’ve also included all the ones you asked me for. But if I’ve missed any, let me know! Drop me an email at email@example.com. Don’t forget to include the following information:
- the product name
- a list of the ingredients
- a link to the product
Or pop the details into the comments below. Please do make sure that it’s a brand sold in Australia, too.
Any questions or comments? Let me know!
Like this? Why not Pin it?